Jaguar XK120 DHC
Here we have a truly outstanding XK120 drop head coupe presented in superb condition and a matching numbers UK right hand drive car.
The history file with the car includes Heritage Certificate and an excellent researched history of previous owners and events relating to the car and those previous custodians. These include the following
- Built by Jaguar as the 240th of 262 right hand drive cars in black with red interior and red hood. Despatched to the Jaguar distributor in Edinburgh. The first of only 2 DHC that went to Scotland
- First owner Francis S Robertson of Kelso bought the car whilst on leave from his job in Pakistan! The car was registered on the 4th of May 1954
- In 1960 George Bloy purchased the car from a Tom Dickson and the car became light metallic blue with burgundy wheels
- 1969 and the history file shows a white car and Raymond Lann of Aberdeen as the owner and some grass track racing as part of its history. How times have changed. I am pretty sure you wouldn’t see an XK on a grass track today!
- 2011 and the DVLA V5 shows the car passing from Mr Lann having laid dormant in his barn for some 40years to a Davis who bought the car for our client the most recent owner
- A 2 year restoration back to its original specification as it left the factory in 1954 sees the car in outstanding condition today
A true matching numbers car the subject of a sensitive and faithful restoration to original specification by a meticulous and caring owner. The only ‘improvement’ is the use of Guy Broad’s five speed gearbox to give high speed cruising. The original gearbox is supplied with the car. Since completion the car has won prizes in local concours d’elegance and presents in a condition commensurate with those awards. A detailed and comprehensive history comes with the car. What a great opportunity for a new owner
Sold through Fender and Broad the car has been upgraded with 5 speed gearbox (original with car), body coloured competition wire wheels and disc brakes. The is a kenlowe fan and alloy header tank to make the car go as reliably and beautifully as it looks. We can fit bucket seats or extend the pedal box for taller drivers.
A rare car to start with but even rarer and highly desirable in this specification and with this detailed matching numbers history. You are unlikely to see an opportunity like this in the near future
- Make: Jaguar
- Model: XK120 DHC
- Exterior Colour: Black
- Interior Colour: Red
- Year of Manufacture: 1954
- Engine size: 3442
- Transmission Type: 5 speed manual
- Number of Doors: 2
Contact us for more information:
Neil Fender: +44 (0)7794 477 785
Contact our sales office: [email protected]